Set in a natural environment occupying approximately 243 acres, visitors can experience the natural atmosphere with over 260 traditional houses reminiscent of the late Joseon Dynasty, including various household goods from different regions. All these features have been relocated and restored to provide visitors with a broad undertanding of Korean food, clothing, and housing style of the past.
About twenty workshops, various handicrafts such as pottery, baskets, winnows, bamboo wares, wooden wares, paper, brass wares, knots, fans, musical instruments, iron wares and embroidery are practiced. In the Korean Folk Village, where the customs and lifestyles of the past generations have been carefully preserved, various lifestyles prevalent during the Joseon Dynasty can be seen.
You can visit the Folk Museum as well as the Art Museum (scheduled to open) to see and learn about the essence of Korean culture and folk customs, which are not suitable for display and re-creating in the open-air setting.
Korean Folk Village is also the filming location for the famous movie Scandal as well as the TV miniseries Daejanggeum.
|* Korean folk play participation program : Tuho (arrow throwing), Neoldduigi (seesaw jumping), rope-jumping, swing |
* Traditional life participation program : Carry an Chige(A-frame), Smoothing cloth by pounding
|Nov 16th - Feb - 09:00 - 17:00 |
March - 09:00 - 17:30
April - 09:00 - 18:00
May - Sept - 09:00 - 18:30
October - 09:00 - 18:00
Nov 1st - 15th - 09:00 - 17:30
※ Entertainment facilities open at 09:30.
* Groups are more than 20 persons.
* Full Package: Includes fees for Admission, Korean Traditional Haunted House, Folk Village & World Folklore Village, Facilities in the Family Park.
* Museum Package: Includes fees for Admission, Folk Museum & World Folklore Museum.
|Reservation Info. for Foreigners|
|English, Japanese, Chinese |
To receive an english guided tour, please make a reservation in advance (+82-31-287-1332)
|Baby Stroller Rentals|
|Available (rental fees 2,000 won / deposit 1,000 won)|
|1. From Exit No. 2 of Moran Subway Station (Bundang Line), take City Express Bus (jwaseok bus) No. 1116 and get off at Korean Folk Village (70 minute ride). |
2. From Exit No. 6 of Gangnam Subway Station (Seoul Subway Line No. 2) or Exit No. 7 or Yangjae Subway Station (Seoul Subway Line No. 7), take City Express Bus No. 1560 or 5000-1 and get off at Korean Folk Village (30-40 minute ride).
3. At front of Suwon Subway Station (Seoul Subway Line No. 1), take City Bus No. 37 or 10-5 or shuttle bus (by Aehyung Department Store). Or from Yongin Intercity Bus Terminal, take city bus No. 10-5 and get off at Korean Folk Village (one hour ride).
4. At Jamsil Subway Station (Subway Line No. 2) take City Express Bus No. 1116. (one hour and 10-20 minute ride)
5. 5. Shuttle Bus (Folk Village Office in front of Suweon Station)
Runs five time a day.(10:30a.m. 11:30a.m. 12:30p.m. 1:30p.m. 2:30p.m.), 30 minute ride.