2010년 8월 12일 목요일
Join the ‘Rural-20 Supporters’ & Travel Korea’s Beautiful Countryside!
The Rural-20 Project was launched by the Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MIFAFF) to introduce people to the scenic beauty and unique culture of Korea’s countryside. In anticipation of the G-20 Summit in November, IFAFF will be operating the ‘Rural-20 Supporters’ Project from August to November to give visitors and international residents a chance to explore the countryside.
Twenty rural sites across the nation have been carefully selected as prime destinations and categorized into four themes (Experience, Nature, Orient, and Well-being), letting visitors easily pick locations suited to their individual interests. Tours are further divided into one-day or two-day programs, with an easy-to-use map showing site locations and types.
Though anyone can register on the site as a supporter, tours only have room for a total of roughly 2 thousand participants. More information on registration and reservations, and Rural-20 Travel guides, are available on the Rural-20 official website (www.rural20.kr). The website is available in Korean, English, Japanese, and Chinese.
In preparation for the project, local residents of each Rural-20 area were taught basic English, Japanese, and Chinese conversational skills and given information on important cultural differences. As a further service to internationals, the Ministry has produced Rural-20 promotional brochures and videos in three different languages: English, Japanese, and Chinese. These promotional brochures are available at embassies, Korean language institutions, tourist information centers, and overseas branch offices of the Korea Tourism Organization.
* 4 categories of Rural-20 areas by theme.
○ Experience Travel: features a variety of experience programs (harvesting crops, fishing, etc.)
○ Nature Travel: focuses on the beauty of the country villages and the wide open fields
○ Orient Travel: includes villages with deep histories and rich cultural heritages
○ Well-being Travel: by doing leisure activities and relaxing, tourists can restore their health both mentally and physically
* Rural-20 Project: The Rural-20 Project is a special program launched by MIFAFF to gear up for the G-20 Summit in Seoul. R-20 destinations include 11 villages and 9 popular tourist sites.